The Lunch, a gathering of the communities top business professionals interested in networking, learning and giving back to their communities, is a staple annual event held at the Kravis Center , Cohen Pavilion in West Palm Beach. Since its inception, the event has focused on helping business leaders in the community obtain useful tools that can help them in business and in benefiting the community they serve. In addition, the proceeds from the event help the children at the Easter Seals Amar Center in West Palm Beach.
For the 4th year as Co-Vice Chair of the event, Shuly Oletzky of Frigibar Industries, Inc. was in good company:
- Chairman Neil Merin of NAI Merin Hunter Codman, Inc.
- Co-Vice Chair Brian Seymour of Gunster
- The event committee & Easter Seals Florida staff
- Grand Beneficiary The Breakers Palm Beach
- Book Sponsor Wells Fargo
- Media Sponsor SFBW
- Gold Sponsors The Baxter Foundation, FPL, Gunster, Kolter, Searcy Denney Scarola Barnhart & Shipley and the numerous other sponsors and attendees that make this event possible.
The keynote speaker this year was Dr. Rick Bommelje. Dr. Bommelje is a professor at Rollins College in Winter Park, Florida and one of the foremost experts on the power and importance of listening.
Featured in the March issue of South Florida Business & Wealth Magazine (SFBW – www.sfbwmag.org) page 76, are 10 tips for better listening, some of the key points Dr. Bommelje covered and we are happy to bring them to you.